Ok. So. I know that what I post is mostly going to be small iterations and perhaps not the most entertaining thing to look at. But! I’m doing this to 1) Promote my self-confidence. As they say, you are your own worst critic, and when you are your only critic this leads to not even wanting to work because all you end up seeing is the worst parts of what you are trying to accomplish. 2) I’m also posting these small changes every day (or as close to every day as I can get) to show to myself and my colleagues that I am working on honing my craft.
Alright. Little rant there, but here is what I changed in the past couple of days. First, when creating these pants, I start off with creating lines in the shape of the sewing pattern, turn these lines into cloth using the vellum node and then have it drape across the still t-posed version of the model (Tommy) to get the pants. Then, I take the completely formed pants and put them onto a walking cycle of the model, adding another vellum node to direct how the fabric will interact with the model.
In short, there are two nodes that direct the look and interaction of the cloth. The first is when creating the pants, and the second is when the pants start to move. In the first 13 videos, all I changed was the parameters of the second node, keeping the first node the same throughout. For these two, I changed the first node to match the second node.
In these two versions, I show the difference between the pants from Day 1, where only one nodes parameters are changed; and the pants from Day 2, where both nodes have the same parameters.